Chimney Sweep Advice During COVID-19
We hope you are safe and well.
Please rest assured we are working incredibly hard to make sure that we can maintain our high level of service to you. With the unpredictable nature of Corona virus [COVID-19], there may be disruptions and delays to our business operations.
We are taking special precautions to ensure our working environment is Covid-19 secure and social distancing is observed. The safety and wellbeing of our customers are paramount.
There is information we are required to record when arranging an appointment, to ascertain whether you are considered vulnerable or high risk. Please advise us if you or anyone in your household displays symptoms, are self-isolating or shielding.
• We will contact you the day prior to your appointment. If there are any concerns, we will reschedule your appointment.
• Your appointment will be within a 2 hour time slot. We will call to advise if there are any changes.
• Please keep a phone nearby as the sweep or our reception may phone you to request you open the doors to the property, depending on mobile signal.
• Please move any furniture in front / immediately beside the fire, on the hearth and mantle which may cause obstruction.
• Make an electrical outlet available.
• Maintain a 2 metre separation at all times.
• Provide instructions to Pascal to the room where appliance is to be swept upon arrival.
• Vacate the room during the sweeping process. Leave doors and windows open where possible.
• We are only accepting bank transfer payments. Your invoice will be emailed or posted.
• If you can only pay by cheque, this should be posted to us.
• Certificates will be signed on customer’s behalf with words ‘COVID-19’ and sent to you on receipt of payment.
• Please do not offer your sweep any food or drink.
• On completion Pascal will call you where possible to inform you work is complete and he is vacating the property.
• Wipe down all surfaces and door handles after Pascal vacates property with disinfectant.
• Soot will be left with you in a double, sealed bag. Leave this bag for 5 days in a secluded place.
• Vacant properties – please advise anyone entering the property after sweeping to adhere to hygiene and wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant.
We strongly advise not using your appliance until this has been swept / inspected and checking your insurance policy to see what cover you have in place if sweeping has been delayed due to the Corona Virus.
Should you urgently require a chimney sweep, such as fuel poverty or chimney fire where your appliance is the only form of heating / hot water / cooking, we recommend calling us – 01237 473 457, where you will receive priority.
We are monitoring advice daily and adhering to guidelines set out by the UK Government, NHS, Public Health England, and our Governing Chimney Sweep bodies.
If you have any further queries do call our office on 01237 473457 where we will be very happy to assist you. Mon-Fri – 9am-5pm. We are often out on site, but we ALWAYS return calls and endeavour to get back to you within the next working day.
We would like to thank you for your patience and continued support during this challenging time.